Friday, October 28, 2011

Week 13| Studio: Project Development

This week we had the opportunity to talk to both tutors.

Discussion with Brant involved making sure my design showed a lot of detail mainly because it seems small in size. Probably the main reason why I didn't make my entity any bigger since it would seem to be that I would be taking up a fair bit of unnecessary space that won't be inhabited on a daily basis. But anyway - detail in the form of putting in furniture and showing materials in plans and sections. I think the scale presented may be at 1:100.
As I am providing a place for the public to come and prepare for debate with the PM's - the question: where would people sleep/stay?
There can be two options: 1. Fly in in the morning and fly out in the afternoon. Having to prepare in the morning for a few hours then debate in the afternoon.
Or, 2. the Consultation period being broken up and going for a few days. Prep. for a day then debate the next day. Where this scenario needs to provide accommodation. Accommodation will not be provided onsite of Parliament House because of security issues and mainly because this would offer the opportunity to see/experience the what else the Capital has to offer. Accommodation in the CBD - ease of access.
I need to show what parts are the existing building and what is new. Also, show through a diagram how the come in through the existing and into the new. This I believe will be show through diagrams.
Brant thought I should explore another flexible component - maybe through the triangular structure or another of the 6 S's. Perhaps focus on Space Plan & Stuff?

Discussion with Natasha, firstly involved in explaining how my facade structure work and how it is integrated with the building since it will be controlled through computers etc.. Diagrams?
Again the need to show "what is going on" - existing and new. A demolition drawing of what needs to go.
Flexibility of spaces could be another main aspect.
The structure is purposefully being bold. It needs to attract and catch people's attention to it so they will wonder and will want to come/be involved. Awareness.
Natasha suggested using my previous sketches to show how I ended up with the final form. Circular to triangular.
We also discussed on project presentation. Initially, I was going to have panels printed but it would be good idea of pdf-ing digitally. I think I'll have a powerpoint with images from my project so they can be clearly seen instead of being jumbled up together...

A1 Panel - Summary of Project.

Containing key aspects in detail:
Centre for Public Consultation
Virtual Public Feed
Facade System

PowerPoint

Containing the following drawings:

No comments:

Post a Comment